Monday, August 25

...Jumped In Wet Pirate Balls

This past weekend I introduced Wade and the kids to my hometown's annual festival, Tiblow Days. We met up with my Mom, Dad and Lil' Granny on Saturday morning and enjoyed the parade together. Thankfully the rain stopped in time. Now I might have a jaded memory, but I am pretty sure the candy thrown out during a parade now-a-days is WAY better than candy I scrambled for as a child. They even pass out goody bags for the kids to collect it in. Genius! I do not know why, but we were obsessed with having Cecilia pick up every last bit of candy thrown her way - "Ceci get that piece. Ceci, look over there...." Then we go home and limit what she can eat. Poor thing is going to have a complex I am sure.

After the parade, Wade and I walked the kids down to the carnival and dropped 17 bucks for a wristband allowing Cecilia to enjoy unlimited amusement riding fun. Her favorite by far was the carousel. Her least favorite was the Black Pearl - basically a fun house decorated to look like a pirate ship. Even though she ran its course 3 consecutive times [hence the beauty of a wristband] she informed us later that she did not like it because of the"Wet Pirate Balls."

**UPDATE**
I feel like I should clarify. The aforementioned "wet pirate balls" actually describe the multi-colored plastic ball area in which the kids had to crawl through. It rained that morning, so they were wet.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate wet, pirate balls, too. I feel her pain.

So what did Wade think of good ol' Tiblow Days??? Aw, that takes me back.