Sunday, August 3

...Found the Courage to Let Go

I guess making baskets just was not enough for Mr. Finn. He needed to accomplish more this weekend. This morning I could tell he had found his courage to walk. He was letting go of things and attempting to take steps on his own without encouragement from anyone. I figured he was never going to walk if I was constantly making him try to do it, so I found a little courage of my own and just let him be. He needed to figure out that he did not need me to do it. I sat down at my computer and let him wander the house by himself this morning... after I put the cat food up and closed the bathroom door of course. He was still pretty much glued to me, but occasional he let go.

I think [okay, I know] our house is just too small. He does not have far to go to find something he can grab for support. Our 888 square foot house had become his crutch. It took the wide open spaces of Big Granny's living room to do the trick. Luckily I had my new handy dandy Canon digital camera in my purse. I got a couple seconds of video before the 32MB memory card that came with my camera filled up. I bought a 2GB card, but had not opened it yet. Doh! Wish I had. He was zooming all over Granny and Gramps house and he was pretty sure of himself by the time we left. Even though it is such a short video, I still Meganized it. What do you expect?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hooo...Finnie is walking! Soon, he'll be running and chasing Ceci! Send more videos.
Love ya, Nana and Papa

Anonymous said...

I will second the whoo hoooo! Isn't he just the cutest thing? Keep those videos coming Meg.
Lots of love, Nana and Papa Tim

TraceFace said...

How exciting! I'll watch the video tonight since YouTube is still banned here at AMP! Way to go Finn - now come on over and teach Ben your new trick. :)

j said...

Mr. Finn is growing so fast! I think I'm in for a surprise when I see him. That is so exciting!

Jake

Jason said...

Very cool! :)