Sunday, June 1

...Ran the Bases and Filled Up the Tank

Cecilia's team won 15-10 Wednesday night against Effingham [wherever that is], making their record 2-0. They totally dominated both sides of the game, winning by run spread in the third inning. I have had several requests for footage of this event. I finally had a second to edit and upload the videos this morning.
This is Ceci's first at bat that night. She hits a beautiful line drive down the third baseline and gets batted in, scoring a run for her team. Wade and Finn are shown cheering her on. Enjoy!

She has a game tonight in Royal Valley. As you can see from the linked Google Map, this town is about 35 miles NE of Perry. At first I was like, "Holy crap! Why are we driving so far for a 4 year old's Coach Pitch league game?!" But after driving a similar distance to Easton a couple of weeks ago, I now look forward to these mini road trips to rural small towns. I enjoy driving on roads I have never been on before. Being a schduled oriented, routine lovin' person, it is relaxing to ride in the passenger seat and not know what is coming next - as long as I do not look at how much gas we used to get there and back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brings back memories of taking Megan and Steve to their ballgames...at least the gas was way cheaper back then!