Tuesday, January 20

...Called It

Check it, my Cecilia called it back on March 4, 2008. Look!



What an amazing day. Our IT guy set up the conference room screen and had CNN streaming live during the Oath of Office and Obama's speech. We all got chills, shed some tears and broke into applause after his oath and his speech.
Several of us at CREW had a "Broccoli Celebration" lunch at the Yacht Club. Because of my story about Cecilia, "broccoli" became our code word during the election if we wanted to talk politics. Our CEO put the kibosh on water cooler discussions on the topic. I am pretty sure it is because she was in favor of the other guy and was sore that her side was losing. We were banned from wearing any buttons, shirts, etc. during the election. We totally enjoyed getting to wear our shirts today - you cannot ban patriotism baby!


3 comments:

Karen said...

Go Obama - show them what you've got baby!

Debbie said...

What a smart granddaughter I have!! Now if she could just pick my lottery numbers.... :)

Let's hope Obama delivers...it can't get much worse!

I like your Obama shirts. Bring back patriotism!
Nana Deb

Tenille said...

Love the picture, makes me miss you guys! Lilly and I watched it together and she loved seeing the girls and just kept saying "there's gonna be kids in the white house now!". Like she knows what that means, but she loved seeing the shots of the girls that day.