Tuesday, July 1

...Visited the Doctor

Mr. Finn [nickname back by popular demand] enjoyed a visit to his doctor this afternoon for a 12 month well baby check up. All went swimmingly. Developmentally he is doing all the things a happy healthy little boy should be doing... like putting objects inside each other, pointing at what he wants and shows definite understanding of a few simple words. NO being the one he hears the most. He can even stack blocks. Five of them to be exact. A feat typically accomplished by a 19 month old baby. What?...am I bragging? Yes. Yes, I am. His growth is most excellent too, continuing nicely on a perfect little curve. I know all you fellow mommies are waiting to hear his stats, so here goes:

  • 24 lbs. 1 oz. [60th percentile]
  • 32 inches [95th percentile]
Because I was curious, I spent 15 minutes digging Cecilia's growth charts out of my cedar chest to...yes, compare them. Cecilia weighed slightly less at 22 lbs. 4 oz., but they both measured at 32 inches. No big surprise, but still interesting... and probably just to me.

Wade and I have been working on a video of Mr. Finn's birthday party. It is our first attempt at editing video with Windows Movie Maker. Fun, yet challenging. Kudos to film editors who do this everyday. Hopefully we will get that video uploaded this week. In the mean time, here are some of my favorite shots from his BBQ blowout...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finnie is "wicked smart" to be able to stack 5 blocks at his age...future architect? Thanks for his stats and photos! Love you all!
Nana Debbie

TraceFace said...

Wowie! That Mr. Finn is tall and lean just like his parents! Ben better watch out! Glad to hear his appt. went well and I'm not surprised he's a super smartie pants. Can't wait to see the video from his birthday!