Tuesday, July 22

...Finally Finished The Birthday Video [Geez]

I have finally finished the video from Finnegan's first birthday party. We have had a very busy summer so far and I have the bruises to prove it...literally.

After things calmed down, I went to finish this project only to discover that Vista and Windows Movie Maker do not like each other. Every time I went to publish this video, a huge green bar would appear on the bottom of the screen smooshing my lovely video up at the top. After several attempts to finalize it, and a lot of nasty words, I finally Googled, "Windows Movie Maker Green Bar." Eureka! I found out I am not alone in my video publishing pain, but more importantly I discovered a blog post with a solution. Alleluia!

So without further ado, please enjoy Finnegan's First Birthday Party caught on film.


8 comments:

j said...

This was great. It literally made me tear up! I bet it was so nice to have an backyard birthday party in the summer for him. Isn't Media Maker fun?!

Can't wait to come home in September!

Love ya,

Jacob

TraceFace said...

Sooo cute! I love how he was cracking up while he was demolishing his cake! It looks like he had a blast!

It's funny you should mention the movie maker/vista troubles b/c I'm about to throw my computer out of the window b/c of it too! I'm trying to put together a video of pics for Ben's 1st birthday and I have all this music on Itunes that I want to add and it's giving me this stupid codec error. I've got my IT buddies on it here, but if you know anything about that one, email me!

Jennifer Lee said...

What a great video! Some day I want to be cool like you.

Anonymous said...

This was worth waiting for!!! What an awesome "First Birthday" video! The photos and song were PERFECT together! We love Finnie's messy grin! He sure knows how to have fun at a party! Megan, you should make videos for a living! LOVE IT!
Nana Debbie and Papa Tom

Anonymous said...

Nicely done! You're so talented, girl. :) I want to be you when I grow up.

Love the cake -- so funny to see him laughing. This will be something he look back on and, well, probably roll his eyes... *wink*

Amanda

erin said...

Finn is too-too cute in that engineer cap :) He also eats cake like a pro!

j said...

Traceface - search and download for something called "all in 1 codec pack" That should take care of all your problems lol

TraceFace said...

Thanks Jacob! I will try that this weekend. My IT guys are dragging their feet with a solution anyway!