Monday, April 21

...Played Ball

Today marked a historic occasion in the Cottrell household - Cecilia went to her very first baseball practice. As you will see from my video, she had a good ol' time! Man, it brought back memories. Cecilia did all the classic kid things: got in trouble for playing in the dirt while she was suppose to be manning right field, put her glove over her face, and she even ran after the ball she just hit instead of running to first base. She will be playing Coach Pitch this summer [apparently Perry skips the whole T-Ball thing], practicing on Monday and Wednesday afternoons at 3:30 pm. For those interested in witnessing the world's cutest ball player in action, I plan to post a game schedule right here on our blog [stay tuned]. From what I hear, their "games" will be on Thursday and Sunday evenings.

I can hardly wait to sit at the ball park on warm summer evenings, eating sunflower seeds [Fisher's Only Please] and watching my little girl play the sport I was brought up with. Yeah, I played as a kid...but I enjoyed watching my brother and guy friends play way more. Do not tell Ceci, but I was totally afraid of softballs!

We walked to the park and Finnegan enjoyed riding in his stroller big boy style for the first time. After practice we could not resist a stop at the park on the way home. Finn and Wade tossed the pig skin around for a bit. So he would not be left out, I made a video of Finn as well. His cushy little KU football my Dad gave him is the current favorite toy. Finn uses its tag to toss it out in front of himself...and then he chases it. I am so proud.

Woohoo! I am so glad summer is here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love those videos! Keep them coming! Can't wait to see Ceci play softball. Please post her schedule!
Nana Debbie