Sunday, April 13

...Joined 100,000 Fellow Fans


I always tear up during the following situations: while singing the National Anthem at a sporting event, when the bride and groom exchange vows [duh, right? Who doesn't?], and at the very beginning of a parade when the marching band approaches. Today was no different. In fact, I am pretty sure I had tears in my eyes during the entire parade. Cecilia, Finn and I joined my mom, dad, family friends [Rodger and Jan Shannon] and 99,993 other KU fans to show our boys just how much we appreciate them. Poor Wadie Babe had to work [Here's to double time honey].

Finnie is asleep in his sling under the blue blanket.


It was a perfect day. We arrived on Mass. St around 10:00 am for the 3:00 pm parade [all of 30 minutes of it, but SO worth it]. We each bought our must-have 2008 National Champion tees [Yes, Jacob your mother had us get you a XXL locker room t-shirt soon to be delivered to you in Chi Town]. We had a fabulous lunch at Vermont St BBQ [yum... best sweet potato fries ever!] and then headed back to the chairs we had strategically placed between 8th and 9th Streets upon our arrival downtown. Yes, we are wicked smart. As you will see from our You Tube video, we had a great view of our Champs! Cecilia even got to give her favorite Jayhawk, Sasha Kaun, a high five!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk Forever.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Megan, Thanks for being our "tour guide" for parking, shopping, and eating before we watched the parade. We will all remember cheering for our Champion Jayhawks, except Finn, who slept through part of it!
mom and dad

Anonymous said...

I get tears in my eyes whenever I'm at a parade too. It must be in our genes!
mom

j said...

Yes! I can't wait to represent my boys here in Chicago!!!

Thanks Meg, you're the best sister in law!