Tuesday, December 2

...Found A Familiar Face

[…And isn't it a beautiful face?]
So, it was with much reluctance that I signed up for Facebook (FB) a few weeks ago. All I needed was yet another online distraction, but my curiosity got tickled and I ended up doing it. Let me tell you, this online monster can be a huge distraction and is very addictive so beware. I started off slow; promising myself that I would only accept Friend Requests, never Search for friends and never post a Wall-to-Wall comment. Who was I kidding? Finding old high school and college friends is SO easy on this site. It is really amazing how this site’s database works and I have done a complete 360° on my view of FB. Yesterday I did my very first search. I have not been able to locate one of my best friends from high school for the last eight years. I’ve Googled her a million times and a few years ago I even did one of those quick $9.99 internet searches in an effort to locate her. Yeah, it did not work. [Me = Sucker] All I had to do on FB was type in her first and last name and Voila! There was Angelica Suffren! I was wicked excited. Next thing you know we are emailing each other and catching up.

The last time I spoke with Angelica she was a referee for the NCAA. Just look at her now! I am so proud. I bet my mom and dad will be extremely excited to read this post. Geli was definily one of their favorites.
"Don’t knock it until you try it" definitly has a home on this post. I think everyone should try FB. You just might find a Face you’ve been missin’. I did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! She's georgous!!! Tell her I said hi.

I used to have a facebook account, but I deleted it. Maybe I'll sign back up again...!

Debbie said...

WOW!! She always was a beautiful person...inside and out! Is she still a referee in the NCAA? Are her parents still in St. Lucia? Be sure to give her our love!
Mom and Dad H.