Tuesday, May 13

...Swung for the Cheap Seats

2 days and counting until Cecilia's very first ball game. It will be an away game against Easton. I find this very ominous as the town shares its name with a famous sporting goods company that specializes in baseball/softball equipment. Coincidence? We shall see. Wade and Cecilia got in some good batting practice tonight. I post this video to instill some fear into the little girls of Easton. Watch out. Cecilia's coming to town. [Okay, that was lame. I need to brush up on my baseball trash talk]



Cecilia is excited because they are handing out the team "costumes" at practice tomorrow. This reminds me of a conversation I had with Ceci several months ago during basketball season [I still cannot believe we are National Champions!]

[Scene] Cecilia and Mommy are eating breakfast and Cecilia notices a picture of her favorite KU basketball player, Sasha Kahn.

CECILIA: "Hey, that's Sasha Kahn!"
MOMMY: "Yep. It sure is."
CECILIA: "He is the one in the white costume."
MOMMY: "Actually, it is called a uniform."
CECILIA: "MOM! Sasha Kahn plays for the Jayhawks! NOT the Unicorns."

Ah, kids and the darn things they say. Ya know, I wonder if there is a team out there with a Unicorn as their mascot. I challenge you, dear reader, to find one. Leave proof in the comments if you find one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...Ceci can really hit that ball! Can't wait to see her new team "costume"!

Here's what I found using Google...
"Unicorn Pride is a short documentary about the Texas town of New Braunfels. Its community claims to be the only high school in the nation with a Unicorn mascot. They're so proud of their unicorns, every school in the town has it as their mascot.

Fanatical faculty, proud parents and tradition-conscious students take their dedication of the Unicorn to another level. The whole Unicorn community comes together every week for those Friday night lights. Mystical Creature or not: Unicorn Pride is justified" Nana Debbie

j said...

I found a high school basketball team in L.A. that is called the Laces Unicorns.

Watching her play baseball sure brings back a lot of memories!

Jacob